Finding the best air compressor for framing crew seems to be easy. But when you start to look out for the best suitable choice, you will realize that it is not that much easy.
There are so many brands that offer different models at various prices but how can we know which one is the best air compressor for your framing work?
If you are getting worried then there is no need to do that. Because we have contributed to making your process a little steady and simple by introducing a step-by-step guide to select the best air compressor for framing crew.
Before we get started I want you guys to remember that we have selected our products on the basis of some important factors such as tank size, portability, motor horsepower, noise level, opening pressure, pressure rating, and mobility, etc.
So, let’s get started.
List Of Best Air Compressors for Framing Crew
In the following, we have mentioned the complete detail related to every product, so that you can find the one that suits you. So, let’s start.
1. Makita MAC5200 Air Compressor
Makita MAC5200 is a highly recommended choice for framing crews. It is a big bore air compressor that is made up of cast-iron cylinders.
The air compressor consists of different plus points such as a powerful compressor, a less noise-making tank that runs at a fast speed.
The compressor delivers versatile and powerful performance. It produces approximately 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI of pressure and almost 6.9 CFM at a pressure range of 40 PSI.
At this range, it is quite good for different types of framing jobs. The Makita MAC5200 Air compressor has a strong motor that delivers you a maximum power of 3 horsepower from 13.7 amperes.
Another thing to consider is that the Makita MAC5200 is a state of art design; it has a wide bore cylinder with an air capacity of 5.2 gallons of air. Below are some features of this air compressor:
- It has a big bore cylinder and the pump is composed of cast iron. Moreover, the piston of this air compressor delivers a fast recovery time for a better performance.
- It has a powerful 3.0 HP motor that produces 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI for good productivity.
- The pump of this air compressor is oil lubricated so that it can run at cooler temperatures.
- It delivers 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI and 6.09 CFM at 40 PSI.
- It offers you with a tank capacity of 5.2 gallons of air that is saturated enough for a short period of tasks.
Although the air compressor is good to go for professional projects, the air tank of this air compressor is quite small. Other than that it produces loud noise during operation.
2. DEWALT Air Compressor (D55146)
The DEWALT Air Compressor, 225-PSI Max, Hand Carry with Wheels, 4-1/2 Gallon (D55146) is a good choice for framing crews.
The best feature of this product is that it has a vertical stand. Also, it contains a handle that can be collapsed to save space while shifting the compressor from one place to another.
The tank of this air compressor gets charged quickly. The pump produces a total of 5.0 SCFM at a pressure range of 90 PSI. With all these perks you will get a nice and quiet work environment because the operational noise of this air compressor is only 78 decibels.
The motor of this air compressor is durable and lasts for a long time because it comes with high-pressure technology and there is no need for time to time maintenance as it is oil-free.
The DEWALT Air Compressor, 225-PSI Max, Hand Carry with Wheels, 4-1/2 Gallon (D55146) air compressor offers you with good quality wheels so that you can carry it with you easily.
- The operational pressure delivered by this air compressor is about 225 PSI.
- It delivers 5.0 SCFM at 90 PSI that is good to go.
- This air compressor comes under the category of some good and quiet air compressor because it only delivers a sound level of 78 decibels. If you like to work in a quiet job environment then this product is a good choice for you.
As a matter of fact, I highly recommend this air compressor for roofing nailers because it is a good choice. The power delivered by this air compressor is extremely good.
3. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak
The next product that our team highly recommends for framing crew is the Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor, Gray/Red.
This air compressor features a ½ HP direct-drive motor that delivers a beast performance to speed up your tasks.
For a better user experience, the air compressor comes with a built-in handle for a good grip.
The Senco PC10101 is equipped with a lightweight and portable design so that you can carry it with you anywhere. There is no need for timely maintenance or oil because this air compressor does not require oil to work smoothly.
- This air compressor delivers a power level of 0.5 HP that directly extends to 1 HP with a snappy recovery.
- The opening pressure provided by this air compressor is 125 PSI that is quite good for any type of job related to framing.
- The capacity of the air tank of Senco PC10101 is 1 gallon.
- This air compressor delivers a compact hotdog design and the tank is made up of aluminum that makes it durable.
- The average weight of this air compressor is 24 lbs, hence it is extremely lightweight, and portable.
In my opinion, I will recommend this air compressor if and only if you are working indoors. The only thing that I disliked is the tank space that disables you to work on a professional level.
4. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor (BTFP02012)
The next air compressor selected by our team is BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012).
The BOSTITCH BTFP02012 delivers its consumers with maximum tank storage of 6 gallons with a 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI pump. It has a high-efficiency motor that can be used for easy start-ups in cold weather.
Other than that the 78.5 dBA noise level is good enough to work in a quiet and relaxing environment.
The maximum tank pressure delivered by BOSTITCH BTFP02012 is 150 PSI. The air compressor is oil-free and it is highly portable and lightweight.
- It delivers a maximum pressure of 150 PSI
- This air compressor is oil free and it does not require any additional maintenance.
- The motor pump delivers 90 PSI at 2.6 SCFM.
- It works quietly, and only produces 78.5 dBA of sound.
- It has a lightweight and portable design The total weight of this air compressor is approximately about 29 lbs.
This air compressor gained a spot in our top 10 list because of its excellent features but still there are some problems with this air compressor that are very uncommon. While on the other hand some customers really enjoyed the benefits of this product.
5. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Kit- (PCFP12234)
Porter cable is among those brands who have maintained their trust in the market in a very low time span due to high quality and excellent value products.
Another such example of the excellent products made by Porter cable is the PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Kit, 6-Gallon, 3-Tool (PCFP12234).
The PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Kit, 6-Gallon, 3-Tool (PCFP12234) offers you with a 6 gallon tank that is sufficient for your daily work needs.
While talking about the power ratings, this air compressor delivers 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI that is quite satisfactory at this price range. The motor of this air compressor requires a total of 120 V to run for your work purposes.
- It has a six gallon tank
- It is portable and offers a unique design
- The motor needs 120 V of power to run smoothly.
- It delivers 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI
- It weighs around 30 pounds.
- It is oil free and you have to spend no amount of money on its maintenance.
Highly recommended for framing crews due to compact design and sturdy construction.
6. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
The Makita MAC2400 is another excellent tool produced by the famous brand Makita.
The Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor is quite famous in the market due to its high power and performance level. It is equipped with a 2.5 horsepower motor and it is an excellent tool for framework and other hobbies.
It offers two 4.2 gallon twin stack tanks that deliver an operating pressure of 130 PSI.
The average pressure rating is 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI that delivers you with enough power to drive two nail guns for a framing crew.
It has a big bore piston and cast iron pump, moreover it weighs around 77 pounds only.
- It offers two 4.2 gallon tanks
- It delivers 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI
- The motor generates 2.5 HP of horsepower
- The Big bore and cylinder of this air compressor are more than average, in this way it delivers high CFM and fastery recovery sometimes.
You can use this air compressor as it is good to use in a framing crew. It has a super sturdy construction, and the only thing I disliked is its extra large size that disables you to carry it anywhere.
7. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor (CMEC6150K)
The craftsman CMEC6150K air compressor is another good choice to use for a framing crew. This air compressor offers its consumers with a large 6 gallon air tank so that you can perform your everyday framing tasks without getting worried about filling the tank again and again.
It delivers a maximum pressure of 150 PSI. The air compressor runs on an electric power supply.
The Craftsman CMEC6150K air compressor has a good pressure rating. It delivers a maximum CFM of 3.5 at 40 PSI. There are a total of two couplers that are attached to this machine.
The design is portable and pancake style, you will absolutely love it.
- It has a tank size of 6 gallon.
- It runs at an average voltage of 120 V or 10 Amperes.
- The pump is of an oil free type, hence you won’t require any sort of time to time maintenance and additional charges.
- It is constructed in pancake style and is lightweight as well. It only weighs about 30 lbs.
- It delivers 3.5 CFM at 40 PSI and 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI which is good to go.
- The maximum pressure delivered by the machine is 150 PSI.
- The sound level is also low, about 82dBA.
The Craftsman 6 gallon CMEC6150K air compressor is recommended for almost everything such as running framing nailers, for bicycles to high pressure van tires, and much more. The air compressor is reliable and is highly recommended as compared to other models at the same price range.
8. Senco PC1010N 1/2 Hp Finish & Trim Portable Hot Dog Compressor, Grey
The Senco PC1010N 1/2 Hp Finish & Trim Portable Hot Dog Compressor, Grey provides you with a 1 gallon tank that is further accompanied by a maximum pressure of 135 PSI.
As the tank size is quite small, that is why this air compressor is recommended for indoor usage. The only benefit of having a small tank size is that this air compressor can be refilled again in less than 2 minutes.
It is perfect for work tasks like finish and trim work, hobbies, arts and crafts at home as well.
The air compressor is oil free and it does not need any sort of maintenance. It works cleanly in a quiet environment, and is better than several lubricated compressors.
This air compressor features a quiet motor that works quietly and makes your work environment better. As compared to a traditional gas compressor it produces less noise.
- This air compressor offers the consumers with a compact design.
- It is highly portable and lightweight. It only weighs about 21 pounds.
- The tank size offered by Senco PC1010N 1/2 Hp Finish & Trim Portable Hot Dog Compressor, Grey is 1 gallon.
- It has an elongated shape and portable size.
- It works at 68 decibels noise.
- The motor delivers a power of 0.5 HP.
- The maximum pressure delivered by the compressor is 135 PSI.
In my opinion it is best for basic DIY tasks and other hobbies at home, you cannot use it for commercial purposes.
9. Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor
This air compressor is composed of a cast iron pump with a big bore cylinder and piston. These are combined with a large bore and stroke in order to deliver the best and maximum performance.
The makita mac700 big bore 2.0 hp air compressor operates quietly while making lower noise levels. It has a lower AMP draw that reduces the incidences of tripped breakers and voltage drop so that you can save yourself from a premature motor failure.
The pump is oil lubricated and hence it provides a cooler running performance.
- It has a powerful 2 HP motor.
- The air compressor produces a total of 3.3 CFM at 90 PSI so that you can get an enhanced productivity as well as a lower noise level.
- It runs quietly at a noise level of 80 Decibels without creating any sort of disturbance.
- The air compressor lasts longer and is durable as well.
- It has a low AMP draw that minimizes the chances of tripped breakers during start.
- The cast iron cylinder enhances the pump life.
As for the framing crew, this air compressor is highly recommended, overall it has a powerful motor and a couple of rigid components inside.
10. Air Compressor (Campbell Hausfeld FP209499AV)
The tenth and last air compressor that we are about to discuss is the Air Compressor, Portable, 3 Gallon Horizontal, Oilless, w/ 10 Piece Accessory Kit Including Air Hose & Inflation Gun (Campbell Hausfeld FP209499AV).
This air compressor is designed to fulfil the needs of users depending on why they require a powerful air compressor of this type.
It offers you with a strong and user friendly design as well as a tank capacity of 3 gallons horizontal tank.
The maximum CFM delivered by this air compressor is 0.36 CFM at 90 PSI.
On the other hand, the air compressor provides a starting pressure of 110 PSI that is good enough.
It operates on an electric source and the average outcome of this device is 120 Volts.
It contains an accessory kit as well. The best thing is that the pump of this air compressor is oil and maintenance free.
- It provides a maximum tank pressure of 110 PSI.
- This air compressor arrives with an oil less tank, that is why it is maintenance free.
- It is equipped with a reliable and strong motor that helps you to get a better performance.
- You will also get a ten piece accessory kit with the air compressor.
- It has a compact size that is why it is portable.
This small and portable air compressor can get all your tasks done quickly. With the help of this compressor, you can get your work done like a pro.
What size compressor is good for framing?
For framing, an air compressor of 2 to 4 air gallons is best.
How many CFM is required for framing nailers?
For framing nailers the ideal CFM or SCFM is 2.2.
What are some best nail guns for framing?
- Paslode 905600 Framing Nailer
- NuMax SFR2190 Framing Nailer
- Hitachi NR90AES1 Framing Nailer
- BOSTITCH LPF21PL Framing Nailer
- Freeman PFR2190 Framing Nailer
- BOSTITCH F28WW Framing Nailer
How much PSI is needed for a nail gun?
For a nail gun the ideal PSI should be 90. Some nail guns offer a PSI rating ranging between 70 to 90 PSI. For a light and medium duty air compressor the PSI for nail guns should be 90 so that it can handle that easily. This is how the compressor flows more volume then the required amount.
Can a pancake air compressor run a framing nailer?
Yes, a pancake air compressor can easily run a framing nailer.
We made this guide for you so that you can select the best air compressor as per your framing work.
We have added the best air compressors after analyzing different models from different companies.
To get the best results, it is important to select an air compressor that provides you excellent value at a reasonable price.
If you have read our guide then I hope that by now you will be able to find your perfect match. Have some questions? Drop them in the comments section.