Finding the best air compressor for framing crew seems to be easy. But when you start to look out for the best suitable choice, you will realize that it is not that much easy.
There are so many brands that offer different models at various prices but how can we know which one is the best air compressor for your framing work?
If you are getting worried then there is no need to do that. Because we have contributed to making your process a little steady and simple by introducing a step-by-step guide to select the best air compressor for framing crew.
Before we get started I want you guys to remember that we have selected our products on the basis of some important factors such as tank size, portability, motor horsepower, noise level, opening pressure, pressure rating, and mobility, etc.
So, let’s get started.
List Of Best Air Compressor for Framing Nailer
In the following, we have mentioned the complete detail related to every product, so that you can find the one of best air compressor for framing that suits you. So, let’s start.
|1. Makita MAC5200 Air Compressor||5.2 gallons||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|2. DEWALT Air Compressor (D55146)||4-1/2 Gallon||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|3. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak||1-Gallon||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|4. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor (BTFP02012)||6 Gallon||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|5. PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Kit- (PCFP12234)||6 Gallon||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|6. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor||two 4.2 gallons||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|7. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor (CMEC6150K)||6 gallon||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|8. Senco PC1010N 1/2 Hp Finish & Trim Portable Hot Dog Compressor||1 gallon||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|9. Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor||2.6-gallon||VIEW ON AMAZON|
|10. Air Compressor (Campbell Hausfeld FP209499AV)||3 gallons||VIEW ON AMAZON|
Makita MAC5200 is a highly recommended choice for framing crews. It is a big bore air compressor that is made up of cast-iron cylinders.
The air compressor consists of different plus points such as a powerful compressor, a less noise-making tank that runs at a fast speed.
The compressor delivers versatile and powerful performance. It produces approximately 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI of pressure and almost 6.9 CFM at a pressure range of 40 PSI.
At this range, it is quite good for different types of framing jobs. The Makita MAC5200 Air compressor has a strong motor that delivers you a maximum power of 3 horsepower from 13.7 amperes.
Another thing to consider is that the Makita MAC5200 is a state of art design; it has a wide bore cylinder with an air capacity of 5.2 gallons of air. Below are some features of this air compressor:
- It has a big bore cylinder and the pump is composed of cast iron. Moreover, the piston of this air compressor delivers a fast recovery time for a better performance.
- It has a powerful 3.0 HP motor that produces 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI for good productivity.
- The pump of this air compressor is oil lubricated so that it can run at cooler temperatures.
- It delivers 6.5 CFM at 90 PSI and 6.09 CFM at 40 PSI.
- It offers you with a tank capacity of 5.2 gallons of air that is saturated enough for a short period of tasks.
The DEWALT Air Compressor, 225-PSI Max, Hand Carry with Wheels, 4-1/2 Gallon (D55146) is a good choice for framing crews or framing nailer. Offers you with good quality wheels so that you can carry it with you easily.
The best feature of this product is that it has a vertical stand. Also, it contains a handle that can be collapsed to save space while shifting the compressor from one place to another.
The tank of this air compressor gets charged quickly. The pump produces a total of 5.0 SCFM at a pressure range of 90 PSI. With all these perks you will get a nice and quiet work environment because the operational noise of this air compressor is only 78 decibels.
The motor of this air compressor is durable and lasts for a long time because it comes with high-pressure technology and there is no need for time to time maintenance as it is oil-free.
- The operational pressure delivered by this air compressor is about 225 PSI.
- It delivers 5.0 SCFM at 90 PSI that is good to go.
- This air compressor comes under the category of some good and quiet air compressor because it only delivers a sound level of 78 decibels. If you like to work in a quiet job environment then this product is a good choice for you.
The next product that our team highly recommends for framing crew is the Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor, Gray/Red.
This is best portable air compressor for framing nailer as it features a ½ HP direct-drive motor that delivers a beast performance to speed up your tasks.
For a better user experience, the air compressor comes with a built-in handle for a good grip.
The Senco PC10101 is equipped with a lightweight and portable design so that you can carry it with you anywhere. There is no need for timely maintenance or oil because this air compressor does not require oil to work smoothly.
- This air compressor delivers a power level of 0.5 HP that directly extends to 1 HP with a snappy recovery.
- The opening pressure provided by this air compressor is 125 PSI that is quite good for any type of job related to framing nailer.
- The capacity of the air tank of Senco PC10101 is 1 gallon.
- This air compressor delivers a compact hotdog design and the tank is made up of aluminum that makes it durable.
- The average weight of this air compressor is 24 lbs, hence it is extremely lightweight, and portable.
The next air compressor selected by our team is BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012).
The BOSTITCH BTFP02012 delivers its consumers with maximum tank storage of 6 gallons with a 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI pump. It has a high-efficiency motor that can be used for easy start-ups in cold weather.
Other than that the 78.5 dBA noise level is good enough to work in a quiet and relaxing environment.
The maximum tank pressure delivered by BOSTITCH BTFP02012 is 150 PSI. The air compressor is oil-free and it is highly portable and lightweight.
- It delivers a maximum pressure of 150 PSI.
- This air compressor is oil free and it does not require any additional maintenance.
- The motor pump delivers 90 PSI at 2.6 SCFM.
- It works quietly, and only produces 78.5 dBA of sound.
- It has a lightweight and portable design The total weight of this air compressor is approximately about 29 lbs.
Porter cable is among those brands who have maintained their trust in the market in a very low time span due to high quality and excellent value products.
Another such example of the excellent products made by Porter cable is the PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Kit, 6-Gallon, 3-Tool (PCFP12234).
Also Read: How to Use Porter Cable Air Compressor
The PORTER-CABLE Air Compressor Kit, 6-Gallon, 3-Tool (PCFP12234) offers you with a 6 gallon tank that is sufficient for your daily work needs.
While talking about the power ratings, this air compressor delivers 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI that is quite satisfactory at this price range. The motor of this air compressor requires a total of 120 V to run for your work purposes.
- It has a six gallon tank.
- It is portable and offers a unique design.
- The motor needs 120 V of power to run smoothly.
- It delivers 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It weighs around 30 pounds.
- It is oil free and you have to spend no amount of money on its maintenance.
The Makita MAC2400 is another excellent tool produced by the famous brand Makita.
The Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor is quite famous in the market due to its high power and performance level. It is equipped with a 2.5 horsepower motor and it is an excellent tool for framework and other hobbies.
It offers two 4.2 gallon twin stack tanks that deliver an operating pressure of 130 PSI.
It has a big bore piston and cast iron pump, moreover it weighs around 77 pounds only.
- It offers two 4.2 gallon tanks.
- It delivers 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The motor generates 2.5 HP of horsepower.
- The Big bore and cylinder of this air compressor are more than average, in this way it delivers high CFM and fastery recovery sometimes.
The craftsman CMEC6150K air compressor is another good choice to use for a framing crew. This air compressor offers its consumers with a large 6 gallon air tank so that you can perform your everyday framing and nailing tasks without getting worried about filling the tank again and again.
It delivers a maximum pressure of 150 PSI. The air compressor runs on an electric power supply.
The Craftsman CMEC6150K air compressor has a good pressure rating. It delivers a maximum CFM of 3.5 at 40 PSI. There are a total of two couplers that are attached to this machine.
The design is portable and pancake style, you will absolutely love it.
- It has a tank size of 6 gallon.
- It runs at an average voltage of 120 V or 10 Amperes.
- The pump is of an oil free type, hence you won’t require any sort of time to time maintenance and additional charges.
- It is constructed in pancake style and is lightweight as well. It only weighs about 30 lbs.
- It delivers 3.5 CFM at 40 PSI and 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI which is good to go.
- The maximum pressure delivered by the machine is 150 PSI.
- The sound level is also low, about 82dBA.
The Senco PC1010N 1/2 Hp Finish & Trim Portable Hot Dog Compressor, Grey provides you with a 1 gallon tank that is further accompanied by a maximum pressure of 135 PSI.
As the tank size is quite small, that is why this air compressor is recommended for indoor usage. The only benefit of having a small tank size is that this air compressor can be refilled again in less than 2 minutes.
It is perfect for work tasks like finish and trim work, hobbies, arts and crafts at home as well.
The air compressor is oil free and it does not need any sort of maintenance. It works cleanly in a quiet environment, and is better than several lubricated compressors.
This air compressor features a quiet motor that works quietly and makes your work environment better. As compared to a traditional gas compressor it produces less noise.
- This air compressor offers the consumers with a compact design.
- It is highly portable and lightweight. It only weighs about 21 pounds.
- The tank size offered by Senco PC1010N 1/2 Hp Finish & Trim Portable Hot Dog Compressor, Grey is 1 gallon.
- It has an elongated shape and portable size.
- It works at 68 decibels noise.
- The motor delivers a power of 0.5 HP.
- The maximum pressure delivered by the compressor is 135 PSI.
This air compressor is composed of a cast iron pump with a big bore cylinder and piston. These are combined with a large bore and stroke in order to deliver the best and maximum performance.
The makita mac700 big bore 2.0 hp air compressor operates quietly while making lower noise levels. with 2.6-gallon It has a lower AMP draw that reduces the incidences of tripped breakers and voltage drop so that you can save yourself from a premature motor failure.
The pump is oil lubricated and hence it provides a cooler running performance.
- It has a powerful 2 HP motor.
- The air compressor produces a total of 3.3 CFM at 90 PSI so that you can get an enhanced productivity as well as a lower noise level.
- It runs quietly at a noise level of 80 Decibels without creating any sort of disturbance.
- The air compressor lasts longer and is durable as well.
- It has a low AMP draw that minimizes the chances of tripped breakers during start.
- The cast iron cylinder enhances the pump life.
The tenth and last air compressor that we are about to discuss is the Air Compressor, Portable, 3 Gallon Horizontal, Oilless, w/ 10 Piece Accessory Kit Including Air Hose & Inflation Gun (Campbell Hausfeld FP209499AV).
This air compressor is designed to fulfil the needs of users depending on why they require a powerful air compressor of this type.
It offers you with a strong and user friendly design as well as a tank capacity of 3 gallons horizontal tank.
The maximum CFM delivered by this air compressor is 0.36 CFM at 90 PSI.
On the other hand, the air compressor provides a starting pressure of 110 PSI that is good enough.
It operates on an electric source and the average outcome of this device is 120 Volts.
It contains an accessory kit as well. The best thing is that the pump of this air compressor is oil and maintenance free.
- It provides a maximum tank pressure of 110 PSI.
- This air compressor arrives with an oil less tank, that is why it is maintenance free.
- It is equipped with a reliable and strong motor that helps you to get a better performance.
- You will also get a ten piece accessory kit with the air compressor.
- It has a compact size that is why it is portable.
Best Air Compressor For Framing Crew : Buying Guide
Things to Consider before buying an Air Compressor For Framing Crew
CFM is the abbreviation of cubic feet per minute, which is how the roofing air compressor operates.
High CFM means more supply of air into a framing compressor
It is essential to select an Air Compressor with the correct frames nailer CFM to satisfy your needs so that you’ll get better results.
Horsepower is an additional factor before buying an air compressor framing. It affects the performance of the compressor and the more horsepower, will more betterment in performance.
The type of work are among the factors that determine the best horsepower you should choose.
PSI refers to pounds per square inch and is the unit for measuring pressure.
If the tank is small as well as the PSI has been raised, the machine will be able hold more air to ensure efficient processes.
Capacity of Motor
A framing nail gun air compressor with a strong motor can improve efficiency.
It will better with the execution of your projects without compromising your standards.
As you might have to relocate the air compressor used for framing nailer from one area to another, it is important be thinking about the possibility of portability.
It must be simple to carry, and rapid onset of fatigue shouldn’t be the norm for the day.
If an air compressor for framing crew makes more noise, it will not enjoy the entire process. Therefore, a device that doesn’t make more noise will be better for you.
Noise is measured by decibels, and the lower, the more comfortable. A compressor for framing nails rated at 80 decibels (dB) will generate much more sound than one with 60 decibels.
What’s The Size of The Tank?
Choose a larger tank for those who deal with a lot of work. The 6- to 8-gallon tank will be ideal if your work isn’t too big.
However, you could opt for a smaller 1 gallon tank if the scope of work is quite small.
Large tanks can hold more air, meaning that there won’t be any interruptions in operations.
How Big of an air Compressor Do I require for framing Nailer?
If you are trying to determine the right size air compressor e for framing nails, you must be aware that numerous possibilities are available.
It is crucial to be clear on your motivations and expectations so that you get the right nail right on the head.
You must consider important elements such as CFM and PSI before arriving with the correct tank size.
CFM is the unit for airspeed. CFM is the term used to describe airspeed, while PSI is the measurement of pressure. These two variables be a significant factor in determining the correct tank size to choose.
The best performance can be attained by selecting the correct air compressor for framing nailers.
What Do I need in terms of PSI for An Frame Nailer?
The required psi for framing nailers is typically between 70 to 120 psi. Since framing nailers use various sizes of nails ranging from two to 3.5 inches, the choice is dependent on many variables.
The larger nails will require greater pressure to achieve the best outcomes. However, when you encounter smaller nails, it is frequently possible to choose an instrument with lower pressure.
It is important to note that successful tasks are only feasible when you use the right pressure for nailing frames.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size compressor is good for framing?
For framing, an air compressor of 2 to 4 air gallons is best.
How many CFM is required for framing nailers?
For framing nailers the ideal CFM or SCFM is 2.2.
What are some best nail guns for framing?
- Paslode 905600 Framing Nailer
- NuMax SFR2190 Framing Nailer
- Hitachi NR90AES1 Framing Nailer
- BOSTITCH LPF21PL Framing Nailer
- Freeman PFR2190 Framing Nailer
- BOSTITCH F28WW Framing Nailer
How much PSI is needed for a nail gun?
For a nail gun the ideal PSI should be 90. Some nail guns offer a PSI rating ranging between 70 to 90 PSI. For a light and medium duty air compressor, the PSI for nail guns should be 90 so that it can handle that easily. This is how the compressor flows more volume then the required amount.
Can a pancake air compressor run a framing nailer?
Yes, a pancake air compressor can easily run a framing nailer.
We made this guide for you so that you can select the best air compressor as per your framing work.
We have added the best air compressors after analyzing different models from different companies.
To get the best results, it is important to select an air compressor that provides you excellent value at a reasonable price.
If you have read our guide then I hope that by now you will be able to find your perfect match. Have some questions? Drop them in the comments section.