Air compressors are no doubt a good choice when it comes to the replacement of electric tools with something more unique and more powerful.
We can use these quiet air compressors for different types of jobs in our house, workspace, Jobsite, garage, construction areas, or in any sort of industrial project.
While these air compressors are good to go and they are bulky machines but still the motor noise can be a little irritating sometimes. In this detailed guide, I am going to discuss the top 10 best and quiet air compressors that you can use for a peaceful work session.
Besides, this I will also share how you can choose the best air compressor for you.
So, let’s get started with our buying guide.
Best Quiet Air Compressor Buying Guide
Following is a list of Best Quiet Air Compressors for daily usage.
1. California Air Tools 8010 Steel Tank Air Compressor
The first product on our list is the California Air Tools 8010 Steel Tank Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor which is no doubt a good option to consider while looking for quiet air compressors.
If you are in search of an ultimate and quiet air compressor that delivers a high volume and low noise operation then make sure to check out this California air tools compressor that offers you an 8 Gallon tank, along with a handle and wheels for complete mobility.
It has a two-horsepower system that delivers more than 6.4 CFM at such a low noise level of almost 70 decibels. It only takes a few minutes to fill up this tank and more than 25 seconds of time is needed to top it off once the engine gets started again.
- It has a low noise level of 70 decibels.
- It has a maximum tank size of 8 Gallons.
- The power delivered by the pump is almost about 2 horsepower.
- It is a horizontal tank.
- The California Air Tools air compressor also offers you a handle and wheels so that you can move it easily from one place to another.
If you perform several tasks that require a sturdy air compressor then this product is highly recommended for you. Although, the design is not that satisfying the average work ratio is good enough.
2. Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor (DC080500)
The next product on our list is the Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor.
Campbell Hausfeld is a well-known compressor brand that is quite famous for manufacturing high-quality products.
This air compressor only operates 68 deciBels of sound and it is not that loud enough. Moreover, it also comes with an oil-free dual-piston pump that offers you an 8-gallon capacity.
Its components are designed in such a way that they last 4 times longer as compared to other air compressors in the same price range. It also offers you a 1-year warranty.
This air compressor is highly recommended for tasks like finish nailing and stapling, air wrench, sanding, and painting.
- It has an 8-gallon tank
- It is a quiet air compressor with 68 dBA sound only.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The power production of this air compressor is almost 1 horsepower
- It offers you an oil-free dual-piston pump.
- With the air compressor, you will get a lot of power, quality components, etc.
Overall, it is a good air compressor in a budget range that is quiet as well. It is ideal for performing tasks at your job site without any noise or any hassle.
3. DEWALT Air Compressor (DWFP55130)
The third product on our list is the DEWALT air compressor for trim. It is a good air compressor that is quiet as well. But on the contrary, when we compare it with California Air Tools the DEWALT air compressor is not as quiet as our previous model.
But still, it offers plenty of advantages and features. It offers you a supply of 3.0 cubic feet of air per minute that helps you to run air tools like drills and impact wrenches or to run up at least 3 finish nailers at once.
It is quite lightweight and it only weighs 36 lbs. Also, it comes in a well-designed roll cage which makes it look good and allows it to use in either a horizontal and vertical position.
- It has a low noise level of approximately 71.5 decibels.
- The tank size of this air compressor is 2.5 gallons.
- It is quite portable and you can carry it with you while going to your workspace, or any other tasks.
- It offers you with 2 universal couplers.
- You can also use this air compressor in a horizontal or vertical position.
In my opinion, if you are looking for a device to form commercial work tasks then this one is not recommended as it has a very low air gallon capacity.
4. Senco PC1010 1-Gallon Compressor
The Senco PC1010 1 is a small and lightweight air compressor that carries a heavy-duty handle.
You can use this air compressor and carry it with you to any place for any job regarding air compressors, due to its portable size.
As the air compressor is quite small that is why it has a very little power footprint. It offers you low amperage and it will only draw about 4amps at a voltage of 115V.
It delivers 125 PSI at a low power rate and this is what makes this air compressor rank up on our list. You will also get an overload, reset switch mounted on the air compressor that will turn off its motor if the air compressor is overloaded. The power cord of this air compressor is about 6 feet long.
While talking about the noise levels, this air compressor by Senco produces 83dB that is quite low.
- It has an air displacement of 34 litres per minute.
- The maximum air pressure of this air compressor is 8 bar.
- It provides a maximum horsepower of 5 hp.
- The SCFM rate is almost about 90 PSI.
- While working with this air compressor you will get a maximum pressure of 125 psi.
Well, the overall build quality and working functionality of this air compressor are good but it is only recommended for small DIY projects as it is unable to handle a large project. This is because it has a small tank size that is subjected to leaking when extra pressure is loaded.
5. California Air Tools 10020C Air Compressor
The fifth product on our list is the California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor, 2 HP. It is a quiet and sleek air compressor that offers you great service.
This air compressor consists of a 2.0HP SP 9421 motor that operates at an average RPM of 1680. As a result, the overall noise created by this air compressor is less than 70 decibels.
Must Read: Best Air Compressor for Painting
It offers you a dual oil-free piston pump system that is applied to its unit in order to deliver an extra fast performance as well as enhance the overall durability of this model.
This air compressor is among the best products produced by California Air Tools.
- It has a compact design
- It consists of a vertical tank
- It delivers 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI
- The panel contains a protective steel roll cage so that you can protect it from any damage.
- It is easy to use and delivers an exceptional performance.
- The noise level is low and controlled.
- The overall airflow of this air compressor is quite enhanced.
It is an ideal air compressor for those people who work outside frequently. Moreover, it is good for mechanics, general labourers, etc. However, I didn’t like its design. But if one is looking for a good working functionality then this is the best choice for you.
6. Makita MAC210Q Electric Air Compressor
The next quiet air compressor that we are about to discuss is the Makita Mac210Q Quiet Series 1 HP, 2 Gallon, Oil-Free Air compressor.
This air compressor does not require daily maintenance and it will not cost you any operating costs because it is oil-free and it has a dual cylinder design.
Another amazing thing that I loved about this air compressor is that it has a low amperage draw that slightly reduces the incidents of tripped breakers and voltage drops that causes premature motor failure.
It also has a lower RPM operating speed that generates less heat and enhances the durability of the pump and motor. Another good addition is the air pressure regulator that helps you to easily adjust the line pressure of this air compressor.
For comfortable operation, it is equipped with an integrated cord wrap.
Now, let’s take a look at the key features of the Makita Mac210Q:
- It has a 1 HP motor.
- The pump is oil free and it does not require any regular maintenance.
- The tank capacity of this air compressor is 2 gallons.
- Other than that the air capacity is about 90 PSI at 2.0 CFM.
- It has an average amperage of 7.0A that equals 120 Volts.
- The maximum pressure delivered by this air compressor is 135 PSI.
- It has a low noise level of 60 dBA that is why we consider it as a quiet air compressor.
It is ideal for indoor usages, such as DIY applications, and for hobby uses. However, the tank capacity is low that is why I don’t recommend it for commercial uses.
7. Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Air Compressor (AC080510)
The next quiet air compressor on our top 10 list is the Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor w/Shroud (AC080510). This air compressor provides a total of 72 dBA no matter if you are using it for indoor purposes or for outdoor uses.
Another good thing is that this compressor is fully covered by shroud designs that provide complete protection during usage, the wheel and handle placement offers convenient portability.
This air compressor offers you an oil and maintenance-free pump so that your user experience can be enhanced and you can increase the longevity of your air compressor. Regardless of daily maintenance and operation charges, this air compressor gives you a sort of relief.
- It has an oil free and maintenance free pump.
- The compressor has advanced mechanisms for protection in worst circumstances.
- It has a nice design and it is portable as well.
- It delivers 2.2 CFM at 90 PSI and 3.2 CFM at 40 PSI. A maximum of 125 PSI is delivered by this air compressor.
- It works without making any noise,
As per my opinion, this air compressor is highly recommended for tasks like inflation, hobby painting, nailing, stapling, bolting, and other such projects.
8. Stark Portable Quiet Air Compressor Compressor
At second last we have Stark Portable Quiet Air Compressor 10-Gallon Tank 3.5HP Air Compressor Ultra Quiet Compressors w/Wheel.
The Stark Portable 3.5 HP is an oil-free vertical air compressor that comes with a power source as well. The best thing that we liked about this air compressor is that it is portable as well as less bulky when compared to other air compressors in the same price range.
This air compressor delivers an excellent pressure rate of 125 PSI at an average airflow of 7.2 CFM at 90 PSI. On the contrary, at 90 PSI it delivers an airflow of 3.5 CFM. This is the main reason why this air compressor can last for a longer time offering a quality service.
The next good thing about this compressor is that it has great power output. It offers you a 3.5 horsepower motor that delivers thermal overload protection for safety purposes. It has a 10-gallon air tank that is composed of cast iron so that you can get a better quality and durable air tank that delivers some extra values of strength.
- It has a vertical design and it is portable as well.
- It delivers a maximum of 125 PSI.
- The average airflow is 7.2 CFM at 40 PSI and 3.5 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It is a durable product that lasts for a long time.
- It offers a 3.5 HP powerful motor for better performance.
- It delivers a good value with its 10 gallon air tank.
Overall, this air compressor is a good choice to go for commercial as well as small projects related to air compressors. You should give it a try if you are in search of an air compressor that offers good value and less flaws.
9. Metabo HPT Air Compressor (EC28M)
The Metabo HPT Air Compressor is an ultra-quiet one that only produces 59 dB of sound. It is so quiet that you can easily hear a normal conversation.
The best thing about this portable and quiet air compressor is that it offers an industrial oil-free pump for high durability with low maintenance and a 2.8 AMP direct drive induction motor for a longer time span.
The air compressor is equipped with advanced mechanisms to protect the motor. Basically, it has an overload protection circuit that cuts off the power in case of an overload situation.
The air compressor is highly compact and lightweight, it only weighs about 25.2 lbs.
- It is ultra quiet with a noise level of 59 dB.
- It is equipped with a quiet and oil free industrial pump that delivers a high durability with no maintenance charges.
- The motor has a separate thermal overload protection to prevent the heating situations.
- It has a stainless steel braided discharge hose.
- The integrated control panel protects the gauges and plumbing as well.
Although the air compressor is compact and lightweight but the air compressor has only 1-gallon tank capacity that is not a good thing. Hence if you want to buy this compressor then simply use it for small tasks.
What are the best quiet air compressors?
- Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor w/Shroud (AC080510)
- Makita Mac210Q Quiet Series 1 HP, 2 Gallon, Oil Free Air compressor.
- Stark Portable Quiet Air Compressor 10-Gallon Tank 3.5HP Air Compressor Ultra Quiet Compressor w/Wheel.
- California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor, 2 HP.
- California Air Tools 8010 Steel Tank Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor
Which one is better, oil or oilless air compressor?
The oil-free air compressors are cheaper, lighter, and highly durable that is why they are recommended as compared to air compressors that are not oil-free.
Which one is better: a single stage or two stage air compressor?
Two-stage air compressors are more efficient, cooler and they deliver more CFM as compared to single-stage air compressors.
On the other hand, single-stage air compressors are also good but two-stage ones are highly recommended.
In this article, we listed down the top 10 best quiet air compressors. If you liked our guide then remember to check out these detailed guides as well: