Well, today we are going to talk about some best air compressors under $200. Sounds a little strange? Right? But if you are going to buy an air compressor particularly for projects like home remodeling then there is no need to extend your budget above $200.
When you limit your choice in price, then you have to compromise on things like power, tank size, pressure capacity, etc. But on the other hand, you still have to look for things like portability, functionality, and versatility. These are the factors that we can’t compromise on whether we are limiting ourselves in price or not.
So, this can be quite difficult for you to find the perfect match for your working needs. That is why we are here to help you with your process.
List of 10 Best Air Compressor Under $200
In our guide, we are gonna discuss the main specifications and features of an air compressor that you should buy for your daily needs. Let’s get started with our best air compressors for under $200.
1. Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor (EC710S)
The very first product in the list of Cheapest Air Compressor is the Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor. This air compressor is ideal for tasks like trim, and finish.
It is equipped with an oil-free high efficiency 1 HP motor that delivers reliable start-ups in cold weather and is capable of producing 2.8 CFM at 9 PSI so that you can operate multiple nailers at one time depending on what type of work you are doing.
This air compressor is sold as an exclusive part of the KNT50AB Finish Combo Kit. It has a 6-gallon pancake-style tank that performs quite well delivering reliable and rugged performance.
It has a maximum working pressure of 150 PSI that runs for quite a long time.
The pressure rating for this air compressor is also good, it delivers 2.8 CFM at 90 PSI.
Besides this, the operational noise level is 73dB one of quietest pancake air compressor which ensures you can work in a quieter environment.
- It has a 6-gallon pancake-style tank that delivers a great performance.
- It has a maximum pressure of 150 PSI.
- It delivers 2.8 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It has a 1 HP oil-free efficiency motor.
- The noise level is as low as 73 dB so that you can work in a peaceful environment.
- It comes with industrial regulators and gauges.
- It has a steel roll cage with rubber grips that provide good protection.
2. DEWALT Air Compressor (D55140)
The second product on our list of air compressor under budget is the DEWALT Air Compressor D55140. It comes with an oil-free tank and it is a portable air compressor for under $200.
It has a portable air compressor that runs at a Horsepower of 0.3 HP. The input voltage used by this air compressor is 120V.
However, the tank size for this air compressor is 1 gallon, but for small tasks, it is saturated enough.
The pressure rating of this air compressor is 0.75 CFM at 90 PSI and 0.3 CFM at maximum pressure. It is portable and lightweight, it has a net weight of 24 lbs.
Also Read: How To Increase CFM on an Air Compressor
This portable and budget-friendly air compressor introduced by DeWalt has a quick recovery and has a high flow regulator for better performance.
It has a low amp draw motor so that you can reduce the chances of a tripped circuit breaker at the startup.
- It is oil-free and maintenance-free, that is why you don’t need to worry about the daily and time to time maintenance costs.
- The motor pump has a power of 0.3 horsepower.
- It has an input voltage of 120V.
- The air compressor is portable and lightweight.
- It is budget-friendly and is perfect to use for small tasks.
- It has a decibel rating of 71 dB.
- It also contains a cord wrap as well as a ball valve drain.
- The power tool has a maximum pressure of 135 PSI with a flow rate of 0.75.
3. DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor (DWFP55126)
The next air compressor under $200 on our list is the DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI.
This air compressor is quite portable due to its small tank, it only weighs about 30 pounds and it is ideal for light to medium tasks.
The maximum air pressure delivered by this air compressor is 165 PSI and the pressure rating is 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI, which helps you in a fast recovery time. As compared to standard nailers and airbrushing tools, this air compressor can also be considered at an industrial level.
Well, we all know that the struggle for starting up an air compressor motor in winters is real, but this air compressor model is equipped with additional extension cords for convenient and hassle-free usage. The noise level for this air compressor is 75.5 decibels that is better than other air compressors in the same budget range.
The pancake-style design is made in such a way that it makes the air compressor, stable, and durable. Also, the rubber legs prevent the air compressor from slippage and damage to floors that helps you to decrease the number of vibrations.
- It runs at 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI and 3.7 SCFM at 40 PSI.
- This air compressor is oil-free and hence you don’t need to spend any extra money on maintenance charges.
- It delivers a drain valve so that the emptying process can become easier.
- It also has large rubber feet on the bottom that provides stability.
- It weighs about 30 to 32 pounds.
- The good thing is that it comes with a 1-year warranty.
4. Metabo HPT Air Compressor
Next up on our list is the Metabo HPT Air compressor that has a lot of features added to it. As compared to other products with the same price tag, the Metabo HPT Air Compressor does not make large noise during functioning. As a result, you will get the complete ability to use it indoors or outdoors.
Moreover, other than that it is also equipped with a roll case rubber grip on it. Hence you will not face any sort of discomfort when you are moving somewhere or transporting it anywhere else.
As the product is portable and lightweight hence it is easy to carry this air compressor with you at the job site or your workplace.
The motor pump of this air compressor is durable and it does not require any maintenance charges because it is completely oil-free. The gauges of this compressor help you to adjust the average PSI of the air compressor.
- It is a quiet air compressor that works at a low noise level of 59 dB so it is quiet enough and hence it provides you to work in a peaceful environment.
- It also has a steel roll cage along with a rubber grip to protect the critical components and provides a huge amount of comfortability while transportation.
- It delivers a maximum pressure level of 125 PSI.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty as well.
Also Read: Best Air Compressor for Painting
5. Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak
The next air compressor under $200 on our list is the Senco PC1010 1 Horsepower peak. Most people hate air compressors for making tons of noise but if you need a smalles air compressor that does not make any noise during work then this one is the perfect choice for you. It’s also super quite, you are able to even talk on your phone while it’s running
Under $200 this air compressor is highly recommended for you. Let’s discuss its design first. The air compressor is lightweight and has a compact design. we test it with Brad nailer or pin nailer. we get about 20 pins on a tank with the pin nailer and 9 with our Brad nailer.
As a result, you can easily move the product from one side to the other. As the air compressor is lightweight then it can also be used as well.
Although the air compressor only has one gallon of capacity still it can be carried out in almost every type of application without any hassle. The air compressor can do any type of work smoothly because of its 1 HP functionality.
Besides all this, the product does not make any noise when it operates. In fact, you can say that it is noiseless.
- It is lightweight portable and can be carried to your worksite
- The motor of this air compressor delivers a maximum power of 1/1 horsepower and it runs smoothly.
- It has a tank capacity of one gallon.
- It can deliver about 20 to 44 drives per minute.
- Besides all these features it is also packed with a one year warranty.
6. Campbell Hausfeld 6 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor
The next one on our list is the Campbell Hausfeld 8 gallon portable quiet air compressor under a price tag of $200. It is quite portable and highly recommended for tasks like inflation, nailing, stapling, bolting, car Painting, and other such tasks.
This air compressor delivers a noise level of 72 dBA so that you can use it in both indoor and outdoor uses.
It is an oil-free and maintenance-free pump. Hence it can be used for a longer time. This compressor is covered with a shrouded design that offers protection using the wheel and handles placement that offers convenience and portability.
It delivers a total of 2.2 CFM at 90 PSI and 3.2 CFM at 40 PSI.
- It is quiet and does not make any loud noise during operation
- It has an oil free and maintenance-free pump. Hence you don’t need to pay any time to time charges for its maintenance.
- The compressor has different protective mechanisms to provide to offer durability. On the other hand, it has wheels and handles that offer convenient portability.
- It has a pressure rating of 2.2 CFM at 90 PSI and 3.2 CFM at 40 PSI.
- The maximum pressure delivered by this air compressor is 125 PSI.
7. CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor
The seventh product we are going to discuss is the CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free with 13 Piece Accessory Kit (CMEC6150K).
This product comes from a famous industrial manufacturer CRAFTSMAN that has been providing great value and durable products. There are a lot of people that have been relying on the company to find great value products at a reasonable price.
This product also comes under the example of such products.
It has a motor pump that delivers a total of 150 PSI pressure for improved performance. Also, it is oil-free hence you don’t need to spend any extra bucks on the maintenance charges for this air compressor.
Other than that the motor pump delivers excellent durability that adds to the value of the product.
This product can be used for a long time span and it will not get damaged easily.
Other than that the compressor has a long runtime because of its 120V motor. So that you can work for a long time span.
- It has a 6-gallon pancake size air compressor that is portable and capable of storing air for a good time.
- The air compressor is durable and oil-free, it can be utilized for a lon time span without even worrying about additional maintenance charges.
- It delivers maximum pressure of 125 PSI for different variety of applications.
- The pressure rating for this air compressor is 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI that means this air compressor has a long recovery time.
- It can get started easily in cold weather as well.
- It also has a 1-year warranty that is considered the best thing about this air compressor.
8. BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor (BTFP02012)
This air compressor is different from other ones because it has the ability to maximize the performance of the air tools. Besides this, it also has a lightweight design that makes it perfect to use anywhere.
The pump does not accumulate any oil stains as it is completely oil-free.
It is also composed of dual couplers to improve the overall flow of the regulators and maximize the performance level of these air tools.
This Pancake Air Compressor is perfect if you are more likely to work in indoor environments because of a low noise level.
- This air compressor delivers a maximum pressure of 150 PSI.
- The 6 gallon air tank is enough to meet your daily work needs.
- The air compressor has a high-efficiency motor that helps it to work easily in cold weather.
- It has a low noise level. It only creates a 78.5 dBA operational noise level.
- The high flow regulators and couplers maximize the air tool performance.
- It can work for a long time.
9. Air Compressor Campbell Hausfeld FP209499AV (Portable, 3 Gallon Horizontal)
Another powerful air compressor under $200 is a good choice for you because it operates on a 120-volt household current.
It delivers a maximum pressure of 110 PSI that is good to go. On the other hand, the average pressure rating for this air compressor is 0.36 CFM @ 90 PSI and 110 maximum PSI so that you can deal with all of your DIY needs.
This air compressor is quite convenient because the gauge allows it to glance at the air pressure monitoring.
It has an oilless pump that means it is a maintenance-free pump so there is no need to spend extra money on maintenance charges.
It has a sturdy construction and contains a 25-foot recoil hose needle and other such components in the kit. this compressor is ideal for Framing Crew, stapling, and inflation needs.
- It is better than most air tools because of its components.
- It can run at a maximum pressure of 110 AC lines.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It also has a display tank pressure.
- The air hose is coiled.
- Also, it has a good pressure rating as well.
10. PORTER-CABLE Compressor (C2002-WK)
The next Air Compressor on our list of under $200 is the PORTER-CABLE Air compressor that is a good choice for you. It runs on electricity and it delivers a total of 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI. It is amazing and stable. It is attached with rubber feet and also contains a drain valve to make the emptying process easier. Great little air compressor with affordable price.
Also Read: How to Use Porter Cable Air Compressor
This air compressor comes under a price tag of $200 that is highly affordable. The compressor is oil-free but it is a little loud. but there is an easy ways on How to Make an Air Compressor Quiet.
- It has a pancake style tank for better stability,
- It has a long air tool performance.
- It delivers an excellent performance in less value.
- It runs at a maximum pressure of 150 PSI.
- The average pressure rating of this air compressor is 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What are some good air compressors under budget?
- PORTER-CABLE Compressor, Oil-Free, UMC Pancake, 13-Piece Accessory Kit, 6-Gallon, 150 PSI (C2002-WK)
- Air Compressor, 1 Gallon, Pancake, Oilless Pump, 110 PSI w/ Recoil Air Hose & Inflation Kit (Campbell Hausfeld FP2028)
- BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI (BTFP02012)
- Metabo HPT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon (EC710S)
Is it bad to leave air in the compressor?
Yes, definitely you should drain it after each use. Need to avoid letting water pool in the tank, possibly corroding and weakening it.
I hope that by the end of this article you will be able to choose your best and desired air compressor. In our list of best air compressors under $200, we have tried our best to help you out with your selection of air compressors.
If you have any questions or queries then drop them down in the comments.