If you are in search of a good selection for an air compressor, both in terms of portability and power then the 20 gallon air compressor is the best choice for you.
Why should you choose a 20 gallon air compressor? Well, they are quite popular because they are midsize air compressors particularly made for running low-load air tools on special occasions.
If you are interested to buy a good 20 gallon air compressor then there are many factors that you have to go through before making a purchase. I would be adding some of them below:
Best 20 gallon air compressors Reviews
Now, let’s get started with our top list of best 20 gallon air compressors.
1. Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor (HL540100AV)
The first product on our list is the Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor, 8 Gallon Horizontal Oil Lubricated. This is an awesome power tool that makes it possible for you to perform everyday tasks.
This air compressor also consists of a 20 gallon option that is present in this article.
With this air compressor, you will get a maximum air pressure rating of 150 PSI. It is a 20 gallon tank and you can easily fill it up with its high-pressure level due to the 1.3 HP motor. Also, it provides you with a 1-year warranty so that you can use the motor for a longer time span.
The CFM rating of this air compressor is quite good as well. It offers almost 4 CFM at 90 PSI. The reason for this excellence is because its pump is oil-free.
- It has a maximum air pressure rate of 150 PSI.
- The motor power of this air compressor is about 3 HP.
- It delivers 4 CFM at 90 PSI.
- The best part is that it comes with 1 year of warranty.
- For the ease of users, the manufacturers have added an inbuilt handle and wheels.
- It is easy to store while you are not using it.
- The pump design is oil free.
- It is quiet and does not make any noise during work.
In my opinion, it is a good choice especially for tasks like nailing, painting, bolt tightening, and etc.
2. CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17596
The second product on our list is the CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17596 20 Gallon 6.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac, Heavy-Duty Shop Vacuum with Attachments. It is no doubt one of the best solutions that help you to get the bigger parts of a wet and dry mess in large and covered areas.
This air compressor has a good storage accessory that is accompanied by a power cord organizer which further helps to clean the unneeded components.
Another amazing feature about this air compressor is that it is also equipped with a blowing port that helps you to get a high-speed exhaust with the air throughout the hose so that it turns your most difficult tasks into easier ones such as cleaning in the construction to blasting waste from the deck.
Also, the wet-dry shop vac is equipped with a great and extra-large drain that helps you to empty this tank immediately.
It is equipped with a heavy-duty power motor of about 6.5 peak horsepower. This figure is quite a good deal to get started. The 6.5 Horsepower works for giving you amazing service, especially during the cleaning tasks.
It has a large hose extension that is approximately 10 feet long.
- It has a maximum power of 6.5 Horsepower that is heavy duty for different cleanup tasks in the shop, garages, or during your work.
- It has a 20 gallon drum that provides you with a large capacity for cleaning up mess.
- It has a blowing port on its wet dry vac that helps you to complete your cleaning or other task
- It also contains a built in drain on the wet dry vac.
In my opinion, if you are more likely to perform cleaning tasks on a daily basis then this air compressor is highly recommended for you.
3. Porter Cable PXCMF220VW 20-Gallon Portable Air Compressor
The third product on our list is the porter cable PXCMF220VW 20-Gallon Portable Air Compressor that is a highly affordable option for you.
As mentioned above, it is an affordable option that is quite suitable to fulfill your needs as a portable 20 gallon air compressor. In case if your budget is really limited then this might prove as a good choice for you.
With a 20 gallon tank, this air compressor provides you with a maximum air pressure rating of 150 PSI, also this air compressor is a high-value product that comes under an affordable price tag.
The best part about this air compressor is that it arrives with a 1-year warranty that means that this air compressor is a highly reliable option for you if you are in search of powerful 20 gallon air compressors. With this device, you will get a CFM rating of 5 CFM at almost 40 PSI and 4 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It provides a maximum air pressure of 150 PSI.
- The 5 HP motor power is good enough for everyday use.
- It uses 0 CFM at 40 PSI and 4.0 CFM at 90 PSI
- It comes with a 1 year warranty
- The working functionality of this air compressor is quite good.
- It is surprisingly durable and reliable.
- The design is in vertical form with wheels as well so that it can be moved out easily.
Although it is cheap, it has a lot of cons as well. Still you can consider it as an option if your budget is low. Otherwise, for short and occasional tasks it can be a good choice. But for daily and long time usage I will not recommend it.
4. WEN 2202 20-Gallon Oil-Lubricated Portable Vertical Air Compressor
The fourth product on our list is the WEN 2202 20 Gallon Oil lubricated portable vertical air compressor.
If you are looking to make good air compressors then this one is a good choice for you. It is much more affordable and is made to perform the best and suitable things that require a 20 gallon air compressor.
If you want to set up your air compressor in a position for a workshop then this one is not the one you need, you can check out our other models.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a basic air compressor that can be used to make out most of your investment then this is the right choice for you.
However on the other hand it is quite loud. If you buy this air compressor then make sure that you have enough patience to deal with the noise. Moreover, if you want this air compressor for your continuous work sessions then, this air compressor will no doubt save your money but it will cost time.
To our surprise, this air compressor arrives with a two-year warranty, therefore if anything is wrong with it you can get it repaired for free.
The vertical air compressor arrives with a handle and two wheels situated on the front side of it that makes it quite easy to move around.
Let’s take a deep look at the features of this 20 gallon air compressor
- It has a maximum air pressure value of 135 PSI.
- It is composed of 5 HP motor power.
- It provides 0 CFM at 40 PSI and approximately 3.8 CFM at 90 PSI.
- It arrives with a 2 year warranty
- It offers you with built-in wheels for better mobility
- It is easy to reach drain wheels
- It has twin gauges
It is a great option if you are in search of a good 20 gallon air compressor in an affordable price range. However, it is a little noisy but if you have enough patience then go for it.
5. Industrial Air IT20ASME 20 gallon
The fifth product on our list is the Industrial Air IT20ASME that is an excellent 20 gallon air compressor for impact wrench.
This 20 gallon air compressor is a multi-functional compressor that is ready to use, pre-assembled and it can also be arranged in a vertical or horizontal manner. This air compressor features an extremely high-quality tank that is specifically made for work with impact wrenches that help it to hold air for quite a long time, hours actually.
While talking about its construction you will get to know that it is made up of cast iron with an extra aluminum head as well as a valve plate that helps you in the dissipation of heat.
- This air compressor is certified from ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers).
- This product arrives with an integrated regulator, high quality air filters, a dual crankshaft, and regulator valves that are made up of heat resistant alloy.
- It also features solid tires that help and support while moving the unit from one point to another.
- The air compressor contains two V-styled cast iron cylinders that helps you to make sure that the heat transfer is performed properly and no heat loss takes place between the two cylinders.
- The good thing is that it has a quiet compressor that only makes 80 decibels of sound.
- This air compressor unit is belt driven and it has an oil lubricated pump as well that adds up in the lifespan of this air compressor. The total life period of this compressor’s pump is almost about 5000 hours.
This is a good model. If you are looking for a 20 gallon air compressor for everyday usage then this is a good choice.
6. California Air Tools 10020C
The sixth product on our list is the California Air Tools 10020C Ultra Quiet Oil-Free and Powerful Air Compressor, 2 HP.
If in case you need a powerful and portable 20 gallon air compressor then this one is a good choice for you. It has a pure and best combination of power and portability with a reasonable and low dB noise level with a 2 horsepower air compressor.
It is among the best models that are from the contractor grade. You can use it for several purposes such as painting, nailing, etc.
- It provides 70 dB ultra quiet series
- The 2 horse power oil free pump helps you to perform your everyday tasks.
- It provides a maximum pressure of 125 PSI.
- It has thermal overload protection.
- It provides you with a dual filter silencer
- The CAT-10020c comes with 1 year of warranty that is a good thing.
This air compressor is specifically designed for you if you need a power, good airflow, less service and maintenance with low noise level.
7. Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Belt Driven Air Compressor
The seventh product on our list is the Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon Belt Driven Air Compressor with V-Twin Cylinder.
It is fitted with a V twin and oil-lubricated pump that has a solid 1 piece cast iron crankcase with a thermally stable cast iron body that makes it quite durable.
Also Read: 10 Best Air Compressor Under $200
It has a 20 gallon tank. Also, it provides you with a maximum pressure output of 135 PSI that offers a flow rate of 6.2 CFM at 40 PSI and 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI.
Some other features include a quick regulator, multiple pressure gauges, an on and off switch, a quick connect air outlet, a vertical space-saving design with two wheels and front handles for easy transportation.
- It offers a maximum voltage of 120-240 Volts.
- The maximum pressure rate is 135 PSI.
- It has an inflating speed of 5.3 CFM at 90 PSI and 6.2 CFM at 40 PSI.
- It has an oil lubricated cylinder pump that does not need maintenance.
- The tank is in vertical form with 20 gallon.
- It has an on off switch as well.
This air compressor is equipped with good components and it is highly recommended to use for domestic purposes.
8. NorthStar Single-Stage Portable Electric Air Compressor – 2 HP, 20-Gallon
The seventh product on our list is NorthStar Single-Stage Portable Electric Air Compressor – 2 HP, 20-Gallon Vertical, 5.0 CFM. It has a vertical and time-saving design. Moreover, it runs smoothly and very quietly which means it will not create any sort of noise in your workshop or garage.
It has dual crankshaft ball bearings that contribute to its smooth movement, while the built-in regulator helps you to control the air pressure.
It provides a voltage level of 115 and 230-volt inductions motor. It has a 6-foot power cord as well. Let’s discuss its features in detail:
- Copper finned inter- and after-coolers provide effective heat dissipation and less moisture
- Ball bearings on each side of crankshaft for smooth running and durability
- Heavy-duty paper element filters keep cylinder heads clean
- Dual voltage induction motor has low amp draw for easier starts
- Reed valves are made of heat-resistant alloy steel supplied from Sweden ASSAB
- 20,000-hour bearing life
- Double ringed-style piston for very low oil consumption and longer head life
- Durable alloy rods
- Spheroidal graphite cast iron crankshafts for maximum strength
This air compressor runs smoothly and is good enough to use at your workshop and Jobsite.
9. DEWALT DXCMPA1982054 20-Gallon Portable Air Compressor
The last product on our list is the DEWALT DXCMPA1982054 20-Gallon Portable Air Compressor. If you are in search of an air compressor that helps you get maximum performance then the DEWALT DXCMPA1982054 is the best choice for you.
It delivers an excellent pressure level of 155 PSI that is a plus point for this portable air compressor.
As mentioned above, it is quite portable so that you can carry it with you. The pneumatic tires are attached to the backside of the air compressor.
- It delivers 7.0 CFM at 40 psi and 5.7 CFM at 90 psi
- 155 PSI max pressure is available for optimum tool performance
- 20 gallon ASME approved portable tank with pre-attached pneumatic tires for maximum portability, quite good.
- Dual voltage motor is wired for standard 120 volt outlet and may also be converted for 240 volt application
- Equipped with quick-set regulator, tank and working pressure gauges and on/off switch
Is a 20 gallon air compressor big enough?
No, a 20 gallon air compressor can be highly portable. The larger tank capacity allows you to work for a longer time period without any sort of interruptions.
Does air compressor size matter?
Normally, people use compressors with 1 to 6 gallons of size. But a larger tank such as a 20 gallon tank holds more space as compared to a normal one. So if your work hours are long then you should go for a large size.
Is a higher CFM good for an air compressor?
With the lower PSI output CFM increases. If a compressor delivers a high CFM rating then it delivers more air and it is better. For heavy applications such as operating air wrenches and framing nail guns, it is a good choice.
These were the best 20 gallon air compressors. I hope that you will love this article, if yes then make sure to drop your review in the comments section.
Also, let us know if you feel that we are wrong somewhere.